Powered By Blogger

Copper Clappers

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week #6 Tagging Folksonomies and Technorati--13, 14, 15

Technorati--I'm understanding that the tags you put in your blog enable a Technorati search to find your blog among the millions of blogs--over 50 million!!-- out there. Before I fool around with my HTML I want help from someone techie sitting right there with me.

I saved my Flickr photos to Del.icio.us, haven't subscribed to any webpages yet. I think this may be something I'll use. I set up a Del.icio.us account and put a link to it on my blog.

Folksonomies (love the word) , if I'm understanding right, are similar to my Favorites listings, things I'm keeping but have lumped together in a folder under a broad descriptive name (the tag)?? You'd have to do this with all these sites if you use them a lot. I guess it's an organizational function.

No comments: